Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Forget Journal Your Christmas - Scrap your Day instead!

Well, seeing as Christmas is well and truly over, I'm trying to stick to my resolution of crafting more regularly. I've had a lovely day making an album for Shimelle's free class "Scrap your day". I'm documenting the 25th of each month in photos and journaling. Her class actually started early last year, but I'm starting from the beginning. The compulsive in me won't let me start a 12-month project half-way through a year!
So here's the album I made last night (I'm definitely making use of my Bind-it-all).


The first day of the project was Sunday, and the pictures mostly show the disaster that was our kitchen. Apparently, a radiator had been leaking and soaked a wall in our kitchen. We discovered this happy event at 0:31, when the kitchen cupboards fell off the said wall, completely emptying their contents all over the kitchen!

The homesweethome title is said with tongue in cheek. The house we live in at the moment has provided us with many many horrors, due to the previous owner's pathetic attempts at home maintenance.

A happy time was had all that morning and afternoon, spent cleaning up the mess, and thanking our lucky stars that nobody had been in the kitchen at the time, and that the cat had managed to get out of the catflap in time.

I'm still doing my 52Q (years 2009 and 2007), but that's tonight's project!

3 comments:

SarahLP said...

Oh my... You must have had a heart attack! Sounds like a truly foul experience. Let's just hope Scrap your Day is less dramatic next month!

Love your album by the way :)
Best wishes, S

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry that happened! But leave it to a true scrapper to document the story. Love your album!
bethann

Trees said...

Great pages, but sorry about the kitchen!
I fully intended to follow this project but my lack of motivation for it on Sunday was truly staggering so I'm bowing out... and looking forward to following your year in pictures.