Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gratitude and jam

I could get all preachy and say that there are many things we should be thankful for in this country in this day and age, but I won't. Oops. Seems I just have. However, I just wanted to make a nod to the things that I especially feel grateful for, in no particular order. For me, the words were more important than pretty paper (that's often the case), so no pretties here.
Sarah - the chipboard lettering on all my layouts is American Crafts Jewellery Box Thickers, I have a severe addiction to them. They're wonderful! All who have commented on my lovely papers - they are part of Shabby Princess's Christmas papers in their two FREE digital kits - here and here. I print them out as needed on presentation quality paper. I LOVE this site, the freebies are fab, and are pretty much all I use for my digital scrapping (I make calendars and albums for rellies...).
The LO for day 17 journals my love of handmade gifts. Yes I'm a cheapskate, but in actuality, most things I make aren't much cheaper than buying, though they're greatly appreciated. When I had the time, I used to make chutneys, jams, lemon curd, mince pies, all sorts (not licorice - I'm not that good, though I make excellent cinder toffee), and pile them in a hamper-type affair. I fully intend to start this up again in 2010... I'll have finished my degree by then and I'll have the time to spend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love number 16, the journaling and the creativ use of thickers.
-elin-

Tink said...

love the title "gratitude and jam"! I'm going to have to use that somehow, somewhere. Even if it's just my GH band name ;)

Unknown said...

Quite catchy isn't it? :)

Latharia said...

Love your pages ... they are coming together so beautifully, all of them!! :D

Diane said...

VERY nice way of listing your gratitude. Love the addition of the jam - it just has a rhythm to it: gratitude and jam . . .

Janelle said...

Those little jam jars are so CUTE! Love your pages.

You asked how I keep up with four blogs--well, if you look at the last date I posted on any of the other three, you'll see that I don't. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Cool entries, I love the title too!! :oD

Anonymous said...

A valuable post on gratitude.

Thanks,
Karim - Mind Power