Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

OK, so I lied...

...I may be fitting in a little crafting, but not so much of the blogging.

Crafting for November starts here for me. It's a 12 day crafting explosion, with gorgeous crafty ladies Kirsty Neale and Julie Kirk. I quote "With twelve full projects, plus a whole bunch of bonus ideas, downloads and tutorials, it’s designed to help you make the most of your creative supplies in the run up to Christmas. What's even better is that we’ve designed each of the main projects, and many of the additional ones, to be adaptable, which means that, instead of turning into giant crafty pumpkins the minute Boxing Day arrives, they’re just as relevant at other times of year. "

I've been lurking on the Copy and Paste blog for a few months now, dabbling my toes in their challenges,but mainly just being gobsmacked at their creativity. BUT, now they're sharing it with me. Well, not just me, other people too. I just had to go along for the ride. The idea is that they are providing 12 projects for 12 days for a handmade Christmas, using (hopefully) things that you have around your house for minimal outlay, which in this climate is purdy darn tooting, if you ask me (but then, any old excuse will do for me to have a Christmassy play with card, glue and glittery stuff, really). It all looks wonderful, and if you have a browse through their blogs, I'm fairly sure you'll agree.

So, maybe I might get round to posting a couple of pics, like the advent countdown calendar I've made out of BIG matcheboxes, or a recipe book out of an old filofax-type organiser, or some of the results of the new class. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

In addition to this, I also signed up for this class, Blogging for Scrapbookers. But that was a given really, since there's only one class of Shimelle's that I haven't taken. It was inevitable I'd sign up for this one, as it was part of my plan to change the blog layout after new year. Perfect timing. So who knows what this class will prompt me to do, I'm sure I'll love it, Shimelle has a lovely way with words and will get me thinking I'm sure!

So, I feel my evenings are going to be fraught with tricky decision-making... craft, blog or dissertation. Which would you choose?

P.S. Amazing blog candy here - go see! A silhouette die-cutting machine. Love my cricut, but I think this looks even better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew... as if you didn't have enough on your plate, seems like you've just heaped on seconds.. and thirds too!! Which is exactly what I would do, I'm sure.

I know what you mean about Shimelle's class - very hard to resist.. and I think there really is no pressure to 'keep up' with this one. I've been loving the Copy + Paste girls for quite some time too! VERY excited by 12 Days!

So best of luck with your dissertation.. and once it's over you'll have SO much lovely stuff to do!

SarahLP said...

That was me by the way... darned Typepad - grrr!!!

SarahLP x

JO SOWERBY said...

definately craft but maybe with a biy of dissertation so u don't get behind. i remember doing mine for my BSc and it took forever. I had huge bits of paper and sticker with themes and quotations on it. If you fancy chatting about it get in contact or even if u want to scream by web!!!!!
jo xxx

Tink said...

Oh dear. I hadn't seen the Copy & Paste blog, much less the class. I think I should stand up and say now "Hello, my name is Tink and I'm a serial class taker... as well as a serial class unfinisher." (Quietly closes down laptop before I can sign up for ANOTHER class)

humel said...

lol I totally relate - except that (so far...) I've been very strong about 12 Days, as I've already signed up for BFS followed by JYC, and also Worth a Thousand Words which could easily get lost at the bottom of the list if I'm not careful!

See you in class - BFS, that is!

Kel said...

I see we're in the same classes this month, I look forward to getting to know you - just bookmarked your blog and followed you back on Twitter.

Rachel Brett said...

Hope everything is going well with your dissertation, looking forward to seeing your work in Shimelle's class.