Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

With love from me to you

Good evening folks. It is a special day today, one which you will always look back upon with fondness. Today, I shall be sharing with you my most favourite recipe, for raspberry chocolate brownies. And for this, you will either love me or hate me, but either way you'll love the brownies! I didn't get a chance to photograph today's version, so here's one that I made earlier!


So, are you ready? Here goes...

(from Donna Hay "Chocolate")

160g
plain flour, sifted
200g dark chocolate, chopped

250g butter

205g brown sugar

4 eggs (I usually use medium)

1/4 tspn baking powder

40g cocoa powder, sifted

1.5 cups raspberries fresh or frozen (I reckon frozen is better, not worth wasting the fresh on this, better to make cranachan...)
Oven preheated to 180C. Put choc and butter into a small pan over a low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Put in a bowl together with the sugar and eggs (I usually mix the latter two first). Sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix to combine. Pour into a 23cm/9 inch square, greased cake tin lined with greaseproof paper, top with the raspberries and bake for 45 mins/until set. No need to defrost the raspberries.

I make half this mixture, and use a loaf tin to bake it in. It takes a little less time to cook though. It also freezes very well, though may not get a chance depending on how many people are about!
And why am I sharing this with you? Well, it's my birthday, and it seems to be the tradition that on your birthday, people expect you to give them cake. I've almost managed it :) Enjoy x

8 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Looks lovely! I'm not a very good baker ie: I don't attempt it ... but I know someone who I might be able to con/persuade into trying it out.

We should have all contributed an egg or two and made you a huge cake - made by someone else - today!

Hope you had a good day - and that DD has a great one too.

x

Sophie said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds delish!! Don't you love how brownie recipes invariably have very little flour and obscene amounts of chocolate, butter and sugar!! So yummy!

Eleanor said...

Happy happy days, xx. Will make the lovely red brownie forthwith.
E
xx

Sian said...

Hope you had a great birthday :)

debs14 said...

Raspberries and chocolate - one of my favourite combinations, yum!
Thanks for sharing and a belated happy birthday!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Good God that looks good.


Happy birthday!

Latharia said...

Mmmm....delicious! I love chocolate & raspberry. We just made a raspberry chiffon pie over the weekend & have some leftover raspberries....maybe I'll buy some chocolate and give this a whirl!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah hope you are well,just wanted you to know I was thinking of you! xx