Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

One basic QCAS design, three levels of pretty!

A very happy Monday to you (and to my  US readers, Happy belated Mothers' Day).

I've got a lovely little illustration here of how you can take one quick, clean and simple (QCAS) card design and add a bit more oomph to get another two designs. The basic card design is very similar to my QCAS card here, from last week, with the patterned paper mounted on dimensional foam stickers to raise it off the front (supplies listed at the end of the post).


 I used the punched out shape, flipped it over and punched another contrasting colour to create the trio. I love using the visual triangle in my designs - three is indeed the magic number! (thanks De La Soul).

The main sentiment was stamped on the flipped patterned paper, and the plain card label was pierced to add interest. I then stamped "soon" in the recess, and added "..." after the "Get Well". The recessed shape has also been pierced around, but it is difficult to see this on the patterned paper.



To take it up a level, you could add some "bling"- I've used teeny pearls as accents, highlighting the visual  triangle once again.


Or, if you have more time, and the inclination, you could add some die-cut leaves, a few flowers and use the pearls as the flower centres. This card is winging its way to my Great-Aunt who is recovering after an operation, but it's definitely  a design I will reproduce! 


If you have a go, please let me know in the comments below! I'd love to see what you come up with.

Stampin' Up supplies: "Twitterpated" designer series patterned paper,  "Rose Red" card stock, "Wild Wasabi" card stock, paper piercer, decorative label punch, "Perfectly Penned" sentiment stamps, "Little Leaves" Sizzlits die, Pearl Basic Jewels, StazOn Ink Pad, SNAIL adhesive - All available from me - 10% off your first order over £30, free postage on orders over £50! Contact me on: themagpiemakerie@hotmail.co.uk, or phone 07708949170.




No comments: